Monday, May 3, 2010

Flaky Apple Pie



This I made really quick.  The apples are cooked in butter, brown sugar, lemon juice & a little all spice (couldnt find my nutmeg & cinnamon).  I cooked it until it all melted and soft then I added flour to thicken it.  Not a good idea. My nana says that if you're going to add flour for a thickener, do it while everythings cold so there are no lumps.  I did manage to get all the lumps out & covered it so the apples could soften.  I layed a few sheets of phyllo dough on the bottow of the pan (butter between each layer)and then tucked a few on top and tried to ruffle them as best as I could.  It tasted great. The lemon in it just gave it a different taste to apple pie that I wasn't used to.  I would definitely try this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment