Monday, April 19, 2010

Fondant Horror

Okay so today I decided to try and use the Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) that I had made a couple of days prior on a cake. At first everything started out great with help from my little cousin (both first timers),The cakes were cooling and I'm thinking okay so the most time consuming part is over. (naive me) . We let the cakes cool then put the crumb coat on (first layer) sit in the fridge to harden. We figure out that we're running low on frosting and instead of taking things slow as beginners should we decided to do a 2 tier cake! So the frosting barely made it. I was all excited that we had enough to cover the cake. So we get the fondant its a little dry we kneed it and try to get the cracks sort of out the way everything was working out smooth UNTIL we used tooo much powdered sugar as a non-stick. The dough became harder to deal with and it kept crumbling. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!. Well after all that, its 2:55 am, my cousin is sleep and I'm still up. We had been working on this cake since 4 pm. I finally finished the cake!! & I guess you're wondering how it turned out? It turned out like my first fondant cake that I did exhauted , at 3am. But this will not make me quit! I am determined to get it right. I will post pictures tomorrow ,(or later today) but right now im an inch away from passing out lol . . GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment